Sunday, January 14, 2007

weekend recap...

This weekend was a nice relaxing one! Travis and I enjoyed time spent with his family. Since the weather was super chilly he didn't get much trapping done as he would have liked, but he did use the time to get all of his furs prepared for the fur-traders. Friday morning he awoke to this little beauty....


I got to work on sewing and quilting with unlimited time. I found myself just pounding out the purses (so I can get an etsy shop up and running in the near future). Here are some of things I made..

I've been using up what's left of my Amy Butler fabric in hopes of refilling my fabric stash. I'm a crazy fat quarter collector, so usually if there is a fabric line I'm in love with I get the whole collection. In turn, I needed to work on some projects with these fat quarters that have been resting on the shelf. A while back I made a quilt with the blues and greens in the Belle line, so I used what scraps I had to make clutches. I just adored what was made and they were relatively quick to make. I enjoyed making the flowers on the purses as the scraps made perfect ruffles!!

Saturday my MIL and I ventured down to a small town in Nebraska by the name of O'Neill. I remembered in my Quilters' Travel Companion that there was a store there, so what was 50 miles. We headed down there and much to my surprise there was a cute little store. We spent about an hour there and then headed to another small town to check out a cute little Christmas decoration store. It was three stories of all sorts of odds and ends. I found some pretty cool things there and I can't wait to decorate my tree next year!

I picked up these browns and pinks in hopes to make a cute table runner for Valentine's Day. I know I have so many other things to get completed, but I couldn't resist the colors or the nice price of $2.10 fat quarters!!

6 comments:

Sean Carter said...

Wow..they look really good...thanks for sharing these with us...really enjoyed going through your post....and hey i'd also like you to visit my blog sometime and check out all the cool stuff i've posted there...visit soon and i'm sure you'll enjoy all that's there!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE the Amy Butler creations. Very cute!

Roxanne said...

Very cute stuff Becki - wow you were a busy girl this weekend!! Good luck with your Etsy shop - I've been thinking about that a lot lately too. I know you would do great with it - your bags are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becki!
Looks like you were a very busy girl! Doesn't surprise me! I love the new fabric you got...can't wait to see what fun V-day things you make! Your work is SO beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

love the fabrics!!! love the purses!! i have an amy butler purse on my blog today too!!!

Saucy said...

Brown and pink. Love brown and pink. I think we're going to use that combo in my 12 year old daughter's new bedroom. She is brown and pink from head to toe these days!