Monday, January 08, 2007

shake your pom-pom, shake your pom-pom....

Tonight I decided to get a little ahead......I did all of my next year ornament shopping at the end of the season to get some good deals. I thought that next year I would have somewhat of a theme..that theme will be "GREEN"...one of my favorite colors. It's the most "alive" color I know. When the grass is green my neighborhood surely comes to life! Since we started off this past Christmas season with green grass, I plan to savor a little of that for next year. I purchased some cute lime green bulbs, along with some glitzy glittered bulbs. I found some lime ribbon on sale the week after Christmas, and a few other odds and ends. Since I this year garlands were the hot thing I decided to start on my garland for next year (just to ensure it would get done). I picked up some yarn and I've been wrapping my fingers in hopes to knock out a bunch of pom-poms. Here is what I accomplished thus far.




The green screen umbrella items is an old picnic plate shelter I had handed down to me from my Great Aunt. I just loved the colors and the little pipe cleaner bugs on the screen! I thought sometime down the road it would be cool to make a canopy or mobile out of it...I guess I will save that for a later project!

Oh what fun the pom-poms have been..I can just feel Valentine pinks and reds fluttering in my head!!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Very cute. I've never made those before, are they hard to do? I am also a big fan of green. Most of my house is painted different shades of the color. I agree its very earthy and feels like spring to me. It hasn't been too cold here, lows in the 20's or so, but its supposed to get really chilly this weekend - high of 5 degrees I think I heard. We are definitely not used to that! This winter has really made us wimpy to the cold. Try to stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

oh i love those i keep trying to remeber to pick up some yarn and make some!

Saucy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I think your green-and-pink scheme is adorable, who doesn't love pom poms? I can't wait to see what you do with it!

P.S. I also love green. Love it.