Wednesday, January 10, 2007

almost quilt in a day.....

This past Saturday some members of my quilt guild took a class on Eleanor Burn's Spring season flower and basket block. We learned how to miter corners and how to do the "strip ticket" binding. It was so much fun just working on a project with a bunch of other ladies! I think in total we had some 25 of us in one room just sewing along. I didn't get my border on my block, nor did I get the embellishments set or applique on, but tonight I plan to do just that. Since my husband, father, and friend of the family take part in league archery every wednesday night, my mom decided it would be craft night. I'm excited to say the least. Usually it's craft night every night at my house, well, as soon as the supper is made, ate, and dishes are washed. Usually my craft nights are always interupted, but not tonight! My sister and a friend of the family will also be there....

Here is a picture of my WIP so far.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Your quilt looks beautiful so far! I love the blue and yellow together. I am hoping to try quilting this year, but it seems very intimidating.