Wednesday, January 31, 2007

loose slots....

Well, okay they are empty, but it just didn't sound right that way. I always wanted one of those cute little old type drawers from way back, when the news papers would actually add letter by letter of type to create the papers. Since I would hit the antique stores and always miss them I grabbed my sister to help me hunt one down. I did find one this summer and was thrilled!! I want to fill mine with little miniatures and TRY to fill each little slot. (as you can see I have a long way to go)



Tonight was our weekly craft night and it was at our family friend's house. She has her own little miniature collection too, but she added her smashed pennies to her drawer...what a great idea!! I have this spastic fixiation on always smashing pennies....Vegas, Yellowstone, the Corn Palace, you name it, I've smashed it. I would usually save those pennies for scrapbooking and adding to my pages, but now I have a better place!!! MY TYPE DRAWER!! YAY!!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

First, I LOVE your new banner! Second, I have one of those type drawers in my garage that I got at a yard sale some time ago. I think they are really cool, but I never knew what to do with it. I've been eyeing all those blogs that have cute little doll houses to put mini furniture in, but that is just not practical at our house. But the type drawer, PERFECT!! Thanks for the inspiration and helping me clean out my garage!!

P.S. Yes, it is going to get wickedly cold here too. Tell me again, why do we live here? :) Oh yeah, probably cause our husbands made us. I know mine's not leaving until all the ducks do! Take care and stay warm!

Anonymous said...

those rock sista!!! i need to hit some antique stores...after we move again

Saucy said...

A type drawer...? I must find one! It looks fantastic - but I can't tell from your post what the scale is. How big are the openings? What size of item can go in it?