Wednesday, January 17, 2007

oh boy, oh boy...


It was an exciting day for me! My dear friend gave birth to a bouncing little boy! It's an extra special birth for me, since her fiance is my husband's cousin..that means I have a new 2nd cousin (through marriage, of course). I am going to visit the happy family on saturday, and until then I'm just ecstatic!! A couple of my girl friends and I decided to throw her a shower after the baby was born since it would probably be too crazy before that. I have taken on the duty of decorations and cake (two things I LOVE)!! I absolutely need to try this one...


It's so cute, plus who couldn't use the diapers after the party?

We are still in the process of perfecting our games list. We are pretty much new to the whole baby thing, so we are just learning as we go along. (Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!!) Since I worked in a bakery while I was in high school I was always the first to jump at decorating or adding a name to a cake, so I think I will be making the cake myself. Not sure of the details yet, but I'm a create as you go kind of gal. I hate patterns. I never read instructions, I just look at a picture or think of something and off I am to take a stab. I think that's the man side of me. I feel sorry for any future kids and any crazy toy they might receive that requires instructions!!

I've been somewhat bogged down with a headache today, so craft night at my mom's was cut down to sitting on the couch and hand stitching bindings..I guess it got me through the night. Hopefully tomorrow I will have something a little more original to share.

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

the cake is such a cute idea!!! you are absolutely right... "who couldn't use the diapers after the party?" boy, will the new mommy need those diapers! hope the rest of the planning goes well. I have no suggestions on the games-I usually just skip that part if I am planning a shower and do a few random gift give aways instead. Hope the cake comes together well...make sure to take lots of pictures!

Roxanne said...

Since my baby shower for Sydney wasn't too long ago, I have a game suggestion for you. My friend and I came up with this. We went online and copied and pasted a ton of baby logos then we cropped them down to just one letter and had the people try to guess what it was. For example, if you just see the "u" in Huggies could you figure it out? I could scan the stuff and send it to you if you want to see what I mean. Just e-mail me at beauvais@cableone.net and let me know your e-mail. We also did the baby food taste test where you try to guess what flavor it is, but that is pretty gross and no one likes to play that game! Otherwise I agree with Amanda, lots of giveaways are always a safe bet!

Anonymous said...

The diaper cake is such a great idea! One of my Aunts made me one after Alexa was born. Although it was not near that big! But still VERY cool!! She even hooked toys and pacificers off it. And used baby bottles for the topper. Lots of fun! The only baby shower I had was some ladies at my church (who some of them I didn't even know) threw it for me, as they felt bad that no one else had given me one. Anyway....they didn't really do any games, which I was fine with. Alexa was born by then, just like your friend..so the main focus was just on the baby and getting the baby passed around to everyone. You are such a great friend for doing that!!