Thursday, January 04, 2007

ode to toile...

I'm a fan of many things: buttons, bowls, pillows, and FABRICS. My favorite of all fabrics would definately have to be toiles..with stripes in a close second. Since I titled this blog already, I will have to touch on stripes later on. I'm not really a french country type fan, but there is just something about a toile fabric. I suppose it's the contrast between 1 color and another, but it just catches my eye. It's just enough dazzle of sophistication for my liking. One day when I have a baby, I plan to make the baby nursery that of black and white toile..and then throw in a dash of blue or pink- depending on you know what. Until I can go on my hunt for such things I thought I would throw in all things toile.


Isn't this chair just charming? It's almost like she is whispering, "take off your shoes, come and rest your buns on my cushion..." Oh, wouldn't that just be heaven. I guess I can dream!

I wouldn't mind slipping my tooties into these. I think I would have a bit of a problem wearing them to the dairy though. I think they are a bit to New York for the country side of South Dakota!! They would be perfect for kicking back on the couch while eating a bowl of Rocky Road though!!

And how can I leave Roufus in the dark. Oh wait..that's right. DH won't let me get a dog. Well, until then a girl can dream!

Perhaps maybe this would change his mind about the dog issue..I guess ditto on the dream!!


Now I really wouldn't want to over do it, but if I could, this is how I would roll!!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Very fun stuff Becki! I also really like toile, but I don't think I have ever used it for anything. I am always drawn to it in the store though...it just seems like it tells a neat story. A friend of mine did her daughter's nursery in pink toile with sage green accents. It is absolutely adorable. Looks like its straight out of a magazine. Definitely a good choice!

jen v said...

The rain boots and the bikini are calling my name. Love them! I don't think I'd actually be brave enough to wear the bikini but...

Anastasia said...

I love love toile!!!
good to see Im not the only one!

Saucy said...

where did you find that bikini? I must have it!

Anonymous said...

where can i find the wellies?