Sunday, March 08, 2009

taking it to the next level...

I have decided to step up my quilting a bit and try a "challenge". Enter Dear Jane Quilt....



This quilt was made by Jane Stickle during the American Civil War. She signed her quilt "In War Time 1863." Jane created a masterpiece consisting of 169 4.5" (approx.) square blocks surrounded by fifty-two 8"x5" triangles and four corner triangles. She pieced and appliquéd her blocks giving a variety for the viewer to behold.

I am going to be using a variety of different fabrics. Most people will use the civil war prints, but I am going to use bright colors to add variety.

I am starting my journey not knowing how long it will actually take to complete, but am very much looking forward to learning a lot along the way!!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! Now that is a challenge! Good for you. I'm anxious to see how it goes. Good luck!!

Saige said...

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.