Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy 6 Months Maxton...

It's hard to believe my baby boy has already turned 6months! Where has half the year gone? My once so tiny baby is now 18 lbs 10 oz and 27 3/4 inches. That puts him in the 75th and 80th percentile. He is doing extremely well and the doctor even thinks that he is above average when it comes to supporting his weight. I'm sure if he had any more balance he would take off walking! He's a very strong boy. We were told to start giving him a cup, so he can get used to it and it would make getting off the bottle a whole lot easier. He loves to drink water from our cups and has mastered the holding of his own sippy cup. He never ceases to amaze me!

On Sunday, Maxton will be baptized at church. Seems like the past couple of months we have been waiting for a weekend that would mesh well for everyone to be able to attend. We are very excited for this ceremony. He was going to wear his cousin's baptism outfit, but turns out that the "6 month" apparel was a little too small for my tall guy. My mom whipped up a very cute outfit for him and hopefully he can wear it to church a couple more times afterwards.I may have another post to make this afternoon. I have half a block to make on the bento quilt and then the top is finished....stay tuned!

3 comments:

onelinedrawing_travis said...

WOW!!!your baby is sooooooo cute!!!Good luck with the baby!!!

Roxanne said...

6 months already! Wow! He is absolutely adorable Becki! I remember 6 months being a fun stage. Their little personalities start showing up so much and you get to introduce so many new things. So fun! Enjoy it!!

Saige said...

He is adorable! Your mom did a great job on his baptism outfit. Matthan's baby dedication is this Sunday and I'm trying to figure out what he should wear. I wish I could just whip something up as cute as your mom did.