Monday, July 09, 2007

i'm back...

Where have I been? I've been a very bad blogger, but a very busy person! Travis and I have been busy redoing our guest bedroom to make way for our baby. We had drop tile ceilings to remove and sheet rocking to do. Painting, trim replacing, and new carpet to install. We did not end there...we have slowly been creeping into the kitchen to get that finished up too.

I've also been busy trying to find the perfect things for the baby's room. I hit some rummages and found some really nice things to revamp. I do it mostly for fun, but it's also a great way to put my signature on things. My parents have been spoiling me left and right lately. They repainted the crib that was once mine and Dad has been busy getting his old high chair ready for his first grandchild. I feel so honored that my child will get to use something that was once my fathers!
Mom has been so kind to quilt my baby quilt for me, sew up my tiny little "devil scotties", and help with whatever it is I've needed....and I can't forget my sister Robyn, she got herself a serger and has been practicing making me recieving blankets....who could ask for more?

I thought I would share the little project I got done tonight. I searched for an old mobile to use for guts and then had mom help make the little scotties that was made from a pattern from AllSorts. I crafted some pom-poms and some mini yo-yo's...curtesy of my yo-yo maker (the smartest new invention!!)

Here's my before:

And now, the after...

6 comments:

Laura Gunn Studio said...

Wow! Love it all. You've taken my ideas up a notch. Isn't it cool we can all share our ideas this way.

Roxanne said...

Yippeee, Becki's back!! Missed you out here! Sounds like you've been busy though. Absolutely love the mobile - seriously it's the cutest! Can I ask how long until baby is due?

Amanda Jean said...

nice job on the mobile~It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that mobile!

The Wooden Spool said...

What an adorable mobile! You are certainly clever! It's fun to get ideas from others! You did a really wonderful job on the baby room! Love the curtains! Love the colors!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE it. You did a fantastic job!