Tuesday, May 01, 2007

something to work on...

My microscope slides finally arrived today! I needed something to practice on so I decided to make a pin for our secretary at work. Tomorrow is her 50th, and since I have been yaking her ear off about how I really want to try this soldering stuff, I thought I would whip up something for her. It definitely doesn't look as good as Roxanne's stuff, but hopefully with some more practice I will get a little better. I think the hardest part was scoring and breaking the glass. I might need to get some tips on this. My main problem was getting the slides broke so that they lined up evenly. I guess it leaves me something to work on!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Oh Becki it looks great!! It does take some practice to get the glass cut right. The only thing I've learned is to do it quick - both the scoring and the breaking. The slower and more careful I was the worse it turned out. Congrats on your first project!! Can't wait to see more :)