Friday, June 16, 2006

What a fun weekend!! Travis and I took a trip back to Fairfax to visit his family and also to Dante for my friends wedding. We had a blast! My friend Kara lived across the street from the church, so we visited her and also met up with her at the dance. We went back to Fairfax for a little R&R and Travis's sister and brother in law came down to go back to the dance with us. We didn't cut too many rugs, but it was just a great atmosphere to see people I hadn't in such a long time. We also got to drink which was something I hadn't done in such a long time! My future sister in law is a crazy gal and bought me a whole glass of straight tequila..that's when I saw Travis's protective side kick in. I LOVE TEQUILA!! I drank quite a bit of it and then when I couldn't handle the straight stuff any longer good ole Kara went to fetch me a salt shaker to help...well my tequila then was taken from me...talk about a waste..I was planning on finishing it...that Trav likes to spoil my fun sometimes!! I got over it and found some other new mixes to try. Kara and I had a great time, and it was so fun to meet some of her students as she is a teacher in a town 8 miles away. I love the small town wedding fun, can't wait til Dave and Sarah's wedding next weekend!!!

My thought for the day...did you know they kill 125,000 pigs per year just to produce marshmellow peeps?? They use the tendons, muscle fibers, and ligaments to make the spongy gelatin mixture...I guess that's why the shelf life is like 3 years....That's disfrigginscusting!! I hope you all think about that the next time you bite into one...all the little piggies going wee wee wee wee down your esophogus. As in the words of Garth Algar.."I definately smell a pork product of some kind..." SICK ASS!!

No comments: