Tuesday, January 15, 2008

quilt, quilt, quilt...

I've been busy preparing for a slough of birthday parties coming up. Saturday I have a first birthday party to attend for my friend's son, who also happens to be my husbands cousin's son. I am going to make Holden a little quilt of his own. Not quite a bed quilt, but just one he can haul around with him. Think more alongs the lines of a Linus blanket. I also have a 2nd birthday party to attend where I plan to do the same thing. I will show pictures of those when they are finished (i still need to make a trip to the quilt store to grab some more boyish stuff). In the meantime, I finished my sister-in-law's carrier quilt, baby curtains, and broke down and just purchased a boppy pillow cover. I figured my main goal is to get the quilt all quilted....but I guess that requires a nudge at my mom to finish her quilt so I can get mine pinned on the quilt frame! We just found out that they will possibly be inducing Julie on friday if she is favorable for that, so sounds like we will have a busy weekend ahead of us!


Some of you know that I am not a fan of any type of warm or hot drink. I've never been one to enjoy that type of thing. I guess my reasoning has always been the fact that I think a liquid should quench your thirst and something warm or hot doesn't do that for me...I blame my track and field days for that....

Well, on 30 Rock the other night I heard a quote that I will like to use to describe my unloving: "Oh, I don't drink coffee.I don't drink hot liquids of any kind.That's the Devil's temperature." That was just about the coolest thing I had heard in a long time!!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Your quilt is adorable! I love all the animal fabrics. Too Cute!!