Wednesday, March 14, 2007

finished party stuff...

I finished a couple decorations for my friends baby shower. I wanted something that she could use and something she could hang on to. Since her baby room is done in Classic Pooh I thought of doing the cute penant banner in that theme, but also adding Holden's name. I think it actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Sometimes I don't have such high hopes for myself!




I think the diaper cake also turned out quite cute! It was super easy to do and what new mom couldn't use the diapers after the party? I didn't add any baby toys to the cake, but figured less is more in this case.

Tomorrow night I have a cake to make, and friday one to decorate...I hope to post some pictures of the finished product!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh my goodness Becki - that is absolutely gorgeous! The new mom is going to love it. Do you have one of those fancy embroidery machines? Wow! I also love the diaper cake! It is really cute and SOOOO useful. Nice work - can't wait to see your cake :) You're gonna share a piece with us right?

Amanda Jean said...

less is more on the diaper cake, I think. It looks great...and practical, too! The banner is cute, (I have seen lots of them around), but adding the name is a great touch!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Becki,
You did such a great job!! They both turned out so cute, you need to have more faith in yourself!! Have fun this weekend!